LDF Response to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic
The Louis Dreyfus Foundation supports smallholder farmers across Africa, Asia and Latin America who, in addition to many challenges they face, are now being profoundly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Past months demonstrated the evidence that restriction measures necessary to contain the virus are limiting farmers’ ability to sell their production and buy food and non-food items on local markets. Many project activities of the Foundation have been suspended or adjusted in the interest of safety and health of all involved.
In this time of extraordinary challenge LDF is staying committed to bring further support and provide financial assistance to our partners and project beneficiaries. Our current priorities are:
- Customize our project activities to meet urgent needs and ensure the health and safety of all beneficiaries
- Extend project timeline offering maximum flexibility to our partners
- Convert existing grants to direct support to buy sanitation kits for farmers and their families
- Offer extra financial support and trigger rapid response funds for existing and former partners
- Organize, with the help of our local partners, awareness campaigns to disseminate information about the virus and protection measures